Write Short Note on Spirogyra
Short Note on Spirogyra
- i) It is multicellular filamentous green alga.
- ii) It is found in fresh water ponds, lakes and streams.
iii) Filamentous thallus consists of many cylindrical cells which are joined from end to end to form long, unbranched filaments.
- iv) Each cell of spirogyra is usually twice as long as broad.
- v) Cell wall is made up of cellulose.
- vi) Near cell wall a large central cell sap filled vacuole is present.
vii) Nucleus is also present near vacuole.
viii) Pyrenoids are located in a row for storing starch.
- ix) It grows in length by cell division.
- x) It reproduces both sexually and asexually.
Note: To stimulate learning and to help discover the abilities and talents of students can be differentiated education, the main principle of which is the creation of psychologically comfortable conditions for self-realization. By emphasizing the personality of each child, this method excludes the traditional averaging of students, in which instead of motivation, there is a complete fading of interest in learning. The main task of this method of training is to help each individual to believe in his own strengths and maximize the intellectual potential inherent in him. A differentiated approach to learning (differentiation) presupposes the division of children into groups according to certain characteristics in order to stimulate their interest in acquiring knowledge and actively participating in the learning process. There are external and internal types of learning differentiation.