Write the General Characteristics of Algae
General Characteristics of Algae
- i) Algae are simple eukaryotes.
- ii) They are chlorophyllous and can prepare their own food.
iii) They have cellulose in cell wall.
- iv) Their reproductive organs are unicellular and body is simple.
- v) They are placed in kingdom protista.
- vi) They are mostly aquatic.
vii) There are three types of thallus found in algae:
- Unicellular thallus are single celled but they can perform all the activities of life.
- Colonial thallus make a simple colony. Many similar cells are embedded in a common mucilaginous mass.
- Filamentous thallus have many cells joined from end to end to form a long filament.
viii) Algae reproduced both sexually and asexually.
- ix) There are 23,000 species of algae.
- x) Large groups of algae are Green algae, Brown algae, Red Algae, Golden brown algae, and Diatoms.
Note: An alternative option for obtaining education in this case is teaching at home, or home-schooling, as it is customary to call it fashionably. From the moment the law permits the school subjects to be studied at home, talented children have the opportunity to combine daily workouts and speeches with training, adjusting for an individual schedule, and physically disabled and seriously ill children – to get an education that they never dreamed of. The educational process with such education does not have clear rules and depends on the types of home-based studies. Externate, which allows the child to study the necessary subjects on his own, appearing in the school only for passing intermediate examinations; Family education, in which the parents of the child act directly as teachers; Home schooling, involving individual lessons with teachers at home; Distance education, implemented through the Internet.