What is the Difference between Stress and Strain in Physics
Difference between Stress & Strain
When a body is made to change its length, volume or shape by the application of an external force, the opposing force per unit area is called Stress.
Stress = Force / Area
o = F/A (Here o represents (Rho) do not write in your examination paper)
– S.I or M.K.S System – N/m2 or Pascal (Pa)
– C.G.S system – Dyne/cm2
– F.P.S or BE System – lb/ft2 and lb/in2
(Here 2 in all above systems shows square)
Following are some types of stress:
- Tensile Stress: It is a stress tending to stretch a body.
- Bulk Stress: It is an overall force per unit area, also known as pressure.
- Shear Stress: It is a stress tending to produce an angular deformation.
Stress can produce a change in shape, volume or length in an object. This change in the shape of an object is called strain.
Strain = Change in Length/Length or Strain = Change in volume / volume
2 Since strain is a ratio between two similar quantities, it has no unit.
Following are some types of strain.
- Tensile Strain: It is a change in length divided by original length.
- Bulk Strain: It is the change in volume divided by original volume.
- Shear Strain: It is equal to the angular displacement produced.
Note: If you have a good elder, then you are lucky and he will help in many ways, as teachers are very supportive of them. Well, well, you will run a lot and beg. In some moments, it simply does not work out that either it is solved. And only perseverance and perseverance can get a set-off. Sometimes the connections are saved, in principle, as in all other situations. Summing up, I will add myself as a student. If you need to get a higher education diploma in an easy way – welcome to the correspondence course. If you want knowledge, go to day school. I really like correspondence education. It’s good for life. This is like a second vacation at work, on which you miss time. Of course, maybe he likes me so much, because sitting on pairs is not mine, I learned it from university, but still. Education can be obtained through remote or e-learning. It is carried out remotely, when the teacher and student (student) interact indirectly. In order for such technology to become possible, the educational organization should.